Woodlands Ring Secondary School has partnered the Care Corner Parenting Support Services (PSS) to conduct parenting programmes for parents of the school.
PSS is the appointed parenting support provider of WRSS. The PSS supports parents through their anchor programme - Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P). PSS is funded by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF).
To learn more about Care Corner PSS, visit their website: https://www.carecorner.org.sg/parenting-support
What is Triple P ?
The Positive Parenting Programme is an evidence-based programme that aims to:
Prevent behavioural, emotional and developmental problems in children
Enhance the knowledge, skills and confidence of parents
Build strong and positive parent-child relationship
What does it offer?
The programme offers the following:
2. One-to-one consultations
3. Small group sessions
4. Triple P online parenting programme
Why is it effective?
– One of the most effective evidence-based parenting programmes in the world, backed up by more than 30 years of ongoing research.
– It offers parents preventive programmes of different intensity to meet their needs.
– Effective in reducing child behavioural problems and improving parental self-efficacy and satisfaction.
– Implemented in 25 countries such as Australia, Japan and Hong Kong.
The Art & Science of Parenting in the Digital Age (Cyber Wellness for Teenagers) by Mr Poh Yeang Cherng, Practitioner-Researcher in Cyber Wellness
Oppa Teenage Style – Understanding your child’s psycho-social emotional needs by Ms Charis Patrick, Counsellor/ Trainer/ Family Life Educator
Dinning in the Dark at SAVH
Simple ways to bond with your children
Kite making and flying at Gardens by the Bay
Dialogue in the Dark